Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend update.....


Both Justin and Kate did things this weekend that made Jennifer and I shake our heads.

First, Justin....in another attempt to be more like his mom, he has acquired a liking for the legendary snack food "Slim Jim". I went to the grocery (Winn Dixie....which Justin chooses to call WenDenzie....but he also calls Wendy's the same thing. It's kinda a hybrid word....good thing there are no McKenzie's around to make this more complex.) and brought him back a five-pack of Slim Jims. So, as soon as I get home, he opens them and eats one. Then, he wants another. I said, "You are going to eat them all in one day." He responds with, "No, dad, I can eat two today, two tomorrow and have one left for the next day." With that statement he passed up both Jennifer Mouledous and Scott Walker in mathematic skill.

Then, there is Kate. She is now digging in cabinets. I mean opening the cabinet and rooting. (She also, with the dishwasher door down, climbed onto the dishwasher last night....but, that is another story.) Well, her mom and I keep moving her and she goes balistic. Well, on Saturday morning she was in a cabinet she shouldn't be in. I said, "Kate...get out of the way, shut the cabinet door and move." The little stinker slammed the door, looked at me and laughed and crawled off. Coincidence, right? We thought so, too, until the next day she did it again. Except, this time, the door didn't close all the way and I told her to shut it all the way. She went back to it and made sure it was closed completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home