Monday, February 20, 2006

Kate's Birthday









Kate's 1st birthday was this past Sunday...thanks to everyone that came. It was a really great event and she appears to be well stocked in the clothing department for the forseeable future.

While both Jen and I worked on getting the house clean, she did three things that kinda made the thing unique. First, she had this idea of hanging pictures from the light over the kitchen table that showed Kate at various stages...from birth to now. It came out exceptionally well. Then, she had the idea of taking a picture of Kate, putting it in a frame and letting people sign the white matting. Now, the frame will go in her room. Finally, she splurged on the cake (and I had an exceptional time messing with her about it. Lines like, "I didn't know Kate was getting married." and "What kind of cake is that? Expensive.") It was a beautiful cake and tasted pretty good, too.


3 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Everything looked precious - is that cake from Zoe's??

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ryan M. said...

Yes...from Zoe's.

I think the owners of Zoe's drive Lexus vehicles, belong to a country club and store their yacht in the garage of their 6000 sq. ft house.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Cool cake!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home