Friday, February 17, 2006

"Reading between the lines" on Animal Planet



Picture this. Justin tells his class that his baby sister just celebrated her first birthday. That triggers one of the girls in the class to tell everyone that her aunt is having a baby. The story wouldn't be complete without a third child asking, "How did the baby get in there?"

Justin took the cue and responded with the following: "Haven't you ever watched Animal Planet? I've seen it on there and the mommas push the babies out of their hineys when the baby comes out. But, giraffes have babies standing up so they can run fast and the lions can't eat their babies."

There is some truth and falsehood to that statement. I am not sure we can really correct the "hiney" line just yet. Check back in 2018 or so. But, the line about giraffes giving birth standing up and the reason they do it is true. Maybe I have been watching too much Animal Planet, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

That is hilarious.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home