Bathtub Accident

Here's a pretty comical tale from Kate and Justin and it happened last night.....
Picture this.
Mom has to leave for play practice. (She is Belle in Beauty and the Beast at the Slidell Little Theatre in January/February). So, rather than taking the necessary time to give Justin and Kate separate baths, they take a D'Angelo-version family bath.
Well, as the last water is leaving the tub and Justin is being dried off, Kate decided that she needed to potty....not #1, either!
So, there she sits in a pile of her own poop. Now, Jennifer has two problems: 1) re-cleaning Kate and 2) getting the tub clean. So when in doubt, she screams for me to come "help" this situation.
As she cleaned Kate with rags and wipes, I clothed naked Justin who used the opportunity to run through the house and announce the fact that Kate pooped in the tub.
Right when I got Justin clothed, Jennifer had Kate clean enough to take her to her room for dressing. That leave me available and the poop still in the tub. Lovely.
Use this next part for entertainment/future advice. First, I took the wipes that Jennifer cleaned Kate with, then dropped in the pile of poop, out of the tub. I used another wipe as a glove and shoved all of them in a garbage bag. The smell was horrific. Significantly worse than a diaper.
Then the big dillema. Do you try to physically pick up the pile or do you opt to "flush" it down the drain with warm water? I opted for the later and am not sure this was the right call. I figured a little hot water would break it down, slide down the drain and be gone. Not so fast!
Try realizing you made a judgement error are wondering if there is some lodged down the drain just out of site that may come back in a vapor form later and have Justin in your ear saying, "Can you believe this? She pooped in the tub. What was she thinking?" Then he sees the technique I am using to get rid of it and asks, "What are you doing?" With an emphasis on you that had a bit of a condescending tone. He's three.
Then, I had a revelation. I was going to chase the "dirty" water with a 1/4 tub of water/Soft Soap for Men Shower Gel (which is a lovely product, by the way).
Let's just say there have been no reports of foul odors coming from the bathroom today....well, at least from the tub drain.

1 Comments:
Love the blog!!
Post a Comment
<< Home