Friday, September 22, 2006

Play Doh


As a child, not only could I not play with Play-doh, there was no way I could even own it. As a matter of fact, if I got it for a holiday or birthday present, it was always returned.

I think that explains my exaspiration when Justin asks to play with his collection of colored, sticky dough.

So, the other night, he had seven cans spread over the kitchen table. One time he asked me to help clean his hands because the "yellow is wetter and stickier" that the rest. When I cleaned his hands it was like yellow glue. Good stuff.

Anyway, it is now time to clean up for the night. Red comes up, no problem...in the can, top on, back in the box. Blue...same thing. Green, purple, orange....no problem. Last is the yellow.

Terrible....sticky, residue on the table, sticking to my fingers.

Justin says, as I begin to get exasperated, "Sorry, dad. I am really sorry." He pauses and then says, "It's not really my fault, though. It's play doh's fault that it is sticking."

True. He's learning fast.

The real fault lies with whomever purchased "Rose Art Fun Dough" in lieu of the Playskool Play Doh. Generic may be fine for medicine or Crocs from Payless Shoes...not for the "fun dough".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how things change for the second kid, because I definitly remember owning play Doh, but also remember how delightful Mama was when I wanted to play with it. I believe I deceided it wasn't worth it, or somehow she brain washed me to think I didnt want it anymore! Glad Justin can see past the frustration! - Nanie (Mary Beth)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Try the Crayola modeling clay. MUCH Better than play dough - any kind. It's dry and it does not stick to things. Rose Art sucks.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home